Thursday, November 19, 2009

Extra credit for all!

Hello to all my students,

I'm in the midst of collecting data for a project I've been working on, and need your help!

The project is related to people's attitudes and behaviors related to gift cards, and my co-authors and I have developed a survey to try to measure some of the effects that we uncovered in a focus group last spring. (Sound familiar? Qualitative research... quantitative research... primary data...)

This would be a great way to spend some time on Black Friday, when gift shopping is often on the minds of those who choose to shop, and those who choose to sit it out.

Click Here to take survey

In order to get people interested and excited about filling in our rather long survey, we're offering incentives to complete it.

First, any of my students who complete it and provide a montana.edu address at the end will receive a whopping 3 extra credit points.
Second, everyone who completes it and provides an email address at the end will be entered into a drawing for one of two $25 Amazon.com gift cards.

We're asking anyone who takes the survey -- or just knows about the survey -- to spread the word and encourage others to take it as well. (Sound familiar? Convenience sample... snowball technique... word-of-mouth...) Tell your family, your friends, your Thanksgiving dining companions!

If you provide me with a valid list of email addresses from other people whom you can convince to complete the survey, I'll give additional extra credit points.

I really, really appreciate your help!

No comments: