Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"My Misspent Youth"

Hello all,

There seems to be some confusion about the assignment that's due tomorrow, so I'll just post the instructions here (copied from D2L), and hope it clears things up!
***

“My Misspent Youth” instructions

1. Read "My Misspent Youth" by Meghan Daum.

2. Write a reaction paper (~2 pages, double spaced) about this essay, thinking about these types of questions:

  • What motivated the author to make the consumption decisions that she did?
  • Does she remind you of anyone you know (including yourself)? How?
  • Do her decisions seem rational? Why/why not?
  • Do you think she could have predicted/averted her financial crisis? Why/why not?
  • Did you enjoy reading this story?

3. Bring paper to class and be ready to discuss your answers.

4. Turn it in to me at the end of class.

***

Good luck!

Photo source: http://img1.blockshopper.com/story_images/20199/4/master.jpg

No comments: