Athletics Administration Intern at Montana State University
Athletics Administration Intern
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Athletics Administration Intern will report to the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing.
• Assist the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing with the implementation of all marketing for the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics at Montana State University.
• Assist in the fulfillment of corporate sponsorship activities for the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics; maintain and service existing clients.
• Work with the Montana State University Spirit Squad coach with implementing promotions for specific athletic events.
• Develop and assist with the implementing the marketing and promotion strategies for the Athletic Department.
• Assist in the promotion of special events; the Big Sky Conference and NCAA Championship events.
• Supervise the distribution and sales of game day programs for home football events.
• Assist and formulate a fan identity program with the Montana State University student-athletes and coaches.
• Supervise the distribution of all Montana State University Athletics promotional printed material.
• Responsible for complying with all Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, Montana State University, NCAA and Big Sky Conference rules and regulations.
• Attendance at all home athletic contests, and assists with game management duties as assigned.
• Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing.
• Progressing towards a degree in business, marketing, public relations, sports marketing or a related field.
• Demonstrated experience interacting with a diverse constituency using interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
• Candidate must have a great work ethic and must be detailed oriented.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrated knowledge of basic NCAA rules and regulations.
• Position will be based on a 20 hour a week commitment
• Tuition waiver
Qualified candidates should submit the following: cover letter specifying the position of interest; current resume; three professional references with telephone and email contact information.
Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing
Montana State University
#1 Bobcat Circle
PO Box 173380
Bozeman, MT 59717-3380