Monday, January 21, 2008

Broke leg mountain

Hi everyone,

Guess what I did at Bridger this weekend? Yes, one minute I was bombing down Bobcat (last run of the day, naturally), and the next, I was thinking, "Oh, this isn't good..."

So my left knee is pretty messed up, though not as badly as it could be. I have a broken (but not displaced) fibula where the FCL attaches, and a torn medial meniscus.

See the anatomy here

What this means for my teaching is that I'll be in my office less than I expected to be, at least while I'm on crutches and there's snow and ice around. There's no parking close to Reid Hall, even for handicapped access, so I have to depend on my husband to chauffeur me door-to-door, and he has his own responsibilities to work around. I'll still be in class and have the same office hours, but my availability on MWF will probably be less than I was expecting it to be.

Anyway, it's not a great situation, but not nearly as bad as it could be.

See you in class tomorrow, and CB'ers, don't forget you have an assignment due!

~Graham

No comments: